Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Today's Run - A Question of Will

I woke up in the morning at 6.45 and every bone and muscle in my body urged me not to run. Somehow willed myself outside at 7.15 and told myself that I would run atleast  5 km. Ran in the big ground in my colony - one lap of the ground is 210 metres. Anywhich ways, finished 5 kms in 33 minutes - not a bad performance given the starting problems.

It was quite critical for me to run today, as I had ditched my run yesterday. An official get together on Sunday evening at the work place meant that I could not get up early enough. Also, I had had a glass of wine in the party, which made me a bit lethargic on Monday morning. Missing 2 days of running in a row would be catastrophic in my books - and not good at all for the momentum built up over the last 2 months

1 comment: