Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Running Through the IIT Powai Churn

Last Saturday, my friend Gopal, who stays in Bhandup, called me over for breakfast.. and we were supposed to have a stimulating conversation on simulations, and a general rant on the frustrations of living in a non-linear world.

I thought the distance would be perfect for my weekend long run. Mentally, I reckoned the distance to be around 10 km from my house. My plan was to start at around 6.30 and be at Gopal's house by around 7.15.

The distance was actually 7.5 kms and it took me 51 minutes. I should have reached atleast 5 minutes earlier were it not for some frustrating road-blocks at IIT Powai. My run had to peter into a crawl for almost a kilometer. The roads were dug up, there was bad traffic and pollution, and the whole scene was quite pathetic. I do not know when the authorities are planning to clear up this mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment