Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Second Month

Things got easier in Jan-2009. I kept the commitment going. Was there at the gym 26 days out of 31 (including New Year's eve and New Year)

The treadmill runs started to improve. End of Jan-2009, I could run around 9 minutes in total out a 20 minute workout. My general routines used to be -

0 - 3rd Minute - walk at 6 Km/ hour
4th to 10th Minute - run at 9.0 Km /hour
11th to 13th Minute - walk at 5.5 Km/ hour
14th to 16th Minute - run at 9.0 Km/ hour
17th to 19th Minute - walk at 5.5 Km/ hour
20th Minute - run at 9.0 Km/hour

Cool off at 5.5 Km/ hour for 2 minutes

This was my treadmill routine. The elliptical and bike went on ok. In consultation with Phillip, I decided to knock off the bike from my routine, and compensated for that by spending an extra 10 minutes on the elliptical. The whole of Jan-09 my cardio routine was -

1. 20 minute run on the treadmill, followed by a 2 minute cool-off
2. A 25 minute workout on the elliptical followed by a 2 minute cool-off
3. Sets of crunches, leg raises and sit-ups to work on the abs

On weight days, I did the circuit. Mostly found leg strength exercises tougher - clearly understood that relatively, my legs were much weaker than my upper body. I found free squats particularly strenuous. 

Snacking was mostly under control, and cigarettes were restricted to 5- 6 per day and eliminated on weekends.

End of Jan-09, I was 5 kgs down, cumulatively, and weighed 95 kgs. I was beginning to feel the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment