Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Did a six Km run this Sunday

I have been running outside atleast 4 kms everyday this month. I have stopped running on the treadmill as running outside is just so much more fun. My average speed has gradually improved to around 7.5 Km / hour.

On Sunday, I decided to up the ante. I was going to give a shot at running 6 kms. My route was to start from my house and run to my gym - which is 2.70 kms. Then, turn back and reach home, which would mean a cumulative distance of 5.40 Km. And then, continue my run for three laps in the ground adjacent to my home - a lap of this ground is 200 M. My target was to do this at an average speed of 8 Km/h - which implied that I should complete the 6 Km run in 45 minutes

Overall, the run went fine. I missed my target by 1 minute, and finished in 46 minutes. My average speed was 7.8 Km/h. Felt quite ok, and could have continued running for atleast 1 more km.


No comments:

Post a Comment