Sunday, May 17, 2009

The challenges of eating right

Teju and my mother-in-law were in charge of my diet. Essentially, the biggest challenge for me was to avoid eating those office lunches - especially, pizzas and other greasy stuff in meetings. 

I just disciplined myself in the first month - no matter what, I would eat food packed from home. My mother-in-law helped me enoromously. I shared my work calendar with her, and on days that I had meetings, she would make my rotis into rolls so that I could eat in the car, enroute or exiting from meetings. And avoid the pizza stuff

Controlling my food intake was not such a big problem actually. Being a south Indian, I was expecting severe deprivation pangs for rice. Nothing like that happened - I was quite comfortable avoid rice in my diet. 

My diet was fulfilling in the sense that I did not feel hungry or deprived. The food was basic and simple. The quantity was adequate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment