Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Curious Case of the Dog's....

Today was my long run day..I did 13.2 Km in 90 minutes at a 8.8 Km / Hour pace. It was a satisfactory run, as in the first 7 kilometers, I went around the Raheja Vihar loop 4 times, and was quite comfortable doing the up-hill stretches

While I was running today, I realized the extraordinary number of pet dogs that were there in Raheja Vihar. I am not one for pet dogs. In fact, I believe that the obesity levels of the pet dog is directly and linearly related to the obesity levels of the master! However, I do not have any problems with others having a different world-view regarding dogs, so long as they take care of their dog's poop.

In tony town Raheja Vihar, the upwardly mobile, upper-middle class shamelessly get their fat, overfed dogs to crap all over outside. It freaks me out as a runner; It freaks me out even more when I think of the poor civic sense of these so called 'civilized folks'

No comments:

Post a Comment