Thursday, August 13, 2009

Am Running my First Half Marathon on August 30th

The day of reckoning now on this running trip has arrived faster than I thought. I was earlier contemplating on running @ Delhi in November for my first half-marathon. But, then, I am currently mileaging around 50 Km / week quite easily. Also, over the last 10 weeks, I have been running atleast 40 km per week. My post run recoveries have been good. And, I really wanted to know where I stood in the real world of running.

All these factors, prompted me to register for the Hyderabad Half Marathon on August 30th. Teju is accompanying me and has promised to take some good snaps of me finishing my first half marathon.

So far, the half marathon was just an abstract, distant concept. Now, its real. I am going to be running it in another 17 days!

A batch-mate of mine from B-school, Hemant (HAS, as we called him) will be running along with me.

I am really excited about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment